Click to Home

Go To Search
Departments - City ConnectionGovernment - Internal City StructureCommunity - Citizen EngagementBusiness - Tools for GrowthVisitors - Welcome
Public Works
The Farmers Branch Public Works Department is located on the 2nd floor of City Hall. The department is responsible for garbage collection, recycling operations, landfill management, traffic operations, street maintenance, drainage, and water and sewer operations. The department also provides information regarding development, platting, and flood plain data. Permits may be obtained for fill, curb painting, and construction in rights-of-way and easement.

Public Works Divisions

The Engineering Division provides information regarding development, platting property, permit for construction in rights-of-way and easement, flood plain information, permit for working in the flood plain (fill permit), curb painting permit, current major projects under construction and other available resources.

Solid Waste
The Solid Waste Division manages contracts for residential garbage collection, recycling, landfill operations, landfill gas to energy development, and provides brush and bulky collection services.

Currently, Community Waste Disposal (CWD) provides residential garbage collection services. Contact Community Waste Disposal's customer service at 972.392.9300 
for questions or concerns regarding garbage collection.

The Street Division provides service and repair for concrete and asphalt streets and sidewalks. They are also responsible for traffic signals, street sweeping, crack sealing, and storm water drainage.

Please see the Sidewalk Repair Policy for a comprehensive listing of criteria that must be met for repair. If the criteria is met, residents may submit the online form to make a request or report a concern, and a representative of the Street Division will contact you or you may call 972.919.2597 with any questions or concerns.

Utilities Operations
The Utilities Operations Division is in charge of pumping and maintaining quality water, plant operation, water distribution, and sewer service. They are also responsible for main repairs, service line maintenance, and repairs and improvements to the water and sewer system. Utilities also provides water meter reading, meter maintenance and fire hydrant repairs.

Other Utilities
For inquiries concerning telephone, internet, cable, electric or gas utilities, contact your service providers. To contact AT&T, Charter (formerly Time Warner Cable), Oncor or Atmos, view the Helpful Numbers page.

Public Works

City Hall

13000 William Dodson Parkway
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

Utility Billing Inquiries: