Brush & Bulky Trash Collection
THE BRUSH AND BULKY PICKUP SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED!
A new brush and bulky Green Grabber pickup schedule in Farmers Branch is now underway. As part of a citywide effort to divert clean brush from the landfill, bulk items will be picked up once a month during the first full work week (beginning on Monday) while clean brush will be picked up the other three weeks of the month. Brush that is put out during "bulk week" will be picked up as bulk trash.
Residents' Green Grabber service day has also changed to be the same day as their scheduled recycling pickup. For example, if your current recycling day is on Tuesday, that is now your brush and bulky Green Grabber pickup day as well, with bulk items only being picked up the first full week of each month.
Residents residing west of I-35E will receive all solid waste services including trash, recycling, brush, and bulk pickup on Wednesdays.
Residents are reminded that items for pickup should not be put out earlier than 6pm the night before their service day. To schedule a special pickup outside of scheduled service days, residents can call Public Works at 972.919.2597. Special pickups occur on Wednesdays during non-bulk weeks and must be scheduled in advance.
This new schedule took effect February 1.
BULKY ITEMS ARE PICKED UP ON YOUR RECYCLING DAY DURING THE FIRST FULL WORK WEEK OF THE MONTH.
This means it's the first week of the month with a Monday.
2019 bulky pickup weeks are:
The full trash, recycling, brush, and bulky schedule by street can be found here.
In addition to weekly collection service, Brush and Bulky material is accepted at the Citizen Collection Station, located at 1399 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, and open 9 AM to 6 PM, Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
Brush & Bulky Holiday ScheduleIf your Brush and Bulky Collection falls on one of the following holidays, service will resume on your next regular service day:
New Year's Day
Friday after Thanksgiving
Brush & Bulky Tips:
- BULKY material may be placed out at the curb no earlier than 6PM the day before your scheduled service.
- There is no alley collection.
- No bagged material. The Green Grabber does not pick up bagged trash.
- Set out bagged material with regular trash. Each bag must weigh less than 50 pounds for regular trash pick up.
- Items must be no longer than 8-10 feet in length.
- Place all material 3 feet away from mailboxes, trees, poles and other obstructions.
- Do not place items under tree limbs.
- Loose construction and demolition material (e.g. sheet rock, tiles, bricks, rubble, etc.) should be placed in a container or on a pallet for collection.
- DO NOT place tires, glass, mirrors, motor oil, oil filters, car or boat batteries out for Brush & Bulky collection. Contact Public Works 972.919.2597 regarding pickup or disposal of these times.
- DO NOT place household hazardous waste such as pool chemicals and fertilizer out for Brush & Bulky collection. These and other household chemicals are accepted at the Dallas County Chemical Collection Center.