Farmers Branch residents may purchase trips that first week. Identification is required to prove Farmers Branch residency.
Non-residents may purchase trips the following Friday at noon if space is available.
Trips are subject to cancellation if not filled 14 days prior to the trip.
On the day of your trip, please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure in order to check in at the front desk and board the bus. If you need additional time for boarding, please ask the front desk staff for a pass that will allow you to pre-board the bus.
Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth
Thursday, April 19, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, Fee: $10 Extended Walking
We’ll take the train over to Fort Worth for the Main Street Arts Festival for entertainment, arts, food, and shopping.
Amazing Grace the Musical at the Eiseman Center
Friday, April 20, 7 – 11:30 pm, Fee: $63 Limited Walking
Amazing Grace is a musical based on the awe-inspiring true story behind the world’s most beloved song. A captivating tale of romance, rebellion and redemption. John Newton, a willful and musically talented Englishman, faces a future as uncertain as the turning tide. Accompanied by his slave, Thomas, John embarks on a perilous journey on the high seas. Brimming with emotion and adventure, Amazing Grace is an unforgettable musical saga capturing the spirit of history’s sweetest and most powerful sound: freedom.
Thursday, April 26, 11 am – 2 pm Limited Walking
Join us for lunch at 54th Street Grill and Drafthouse in Irving. You will love this new restaurant in Irving. They have super sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, chicken fried steak and seafood. Check out the Rattlesnake Pasta or Fry Me To The Moon dishes. Prices range from $8-$15.
Resident registration begins April 6 at noon; Open registration begins April 13 at noon
Thursday, May 17, 11 am - 2 pm, Fee: $5, Limited Walking
Smoky Rose on Garland Road is the destination for this month’s lunch outing. Menu options include soup and salads, sandwiches, and smokehouse selections such as brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey and smoked sausage. Desserts include warmed apple spice cake, chocolate pecan pie and Henry’s Ice Cream. Prices range from $7 - $15
The Velocity of Autumn at 1:30 Theater at the Cultural Bath House on White Rock Lake
Friday, May 11, 11 am - 4:30 pm, Fee: $32, Limited Walking
The Velocity of Autumn swirls around Alexandra, an 80 year old artist in a showdown her family over where she will spend her remaining years. In a comical twist, her youngest son climbs up a tree and crawls in the window
to reason with his mother. Lunch at Highland Park Cafeteria (on your own) before the show.
Lone Star Horse Races
Thursday, May 24, 5 - 11 pm, Fee: $30, Extended Walking
Come and watch the ponies run at Lone Star Park. We will leave at 5 pm and have reserved counter seats in the clubhouse. Sign up early.
Trip Registration Policy
- Trips are posted at the Senior Center the first Friday of each month.
- Registration must be made at the Senior Center. No telephone requests for sign up will be honored.
- Registration is for Farmers Branch residents only that first Friday through the following Friday. Each Farmers Branch household may purchase 2 tickets/seats during this week. Residents may not purchase tickets for non-residents.
- On the following Friday, non-residents may purchase tickets/seats. Both residents and non-residents may purchase a total of 4 tickets/seats.
- When the bus becomes full, a waiting list will be started. As space becomes available, staff will notify people on the waiting list in order.
- Should a cancellation become necessary, the individual will contact the front desk and staff will use the waiting list to replace the cancellation. Trips costing more than $5 and filled will be refunded. Trips costing $5 or less are not refundable.
- Trips are not transferable.
- Individuals purchasing trips must be able to be independent or bring an aid to assist them.
- For the safety of the individual, staff will be available to secure wheelchairs and assist with seat belts. Individual care will be dependent upon the participant.