Farmers Branch Power Switch
The Farmers Branch Power Switch is back! With an amazing first run of the program earlier in the year, the program returned on November 26.Using energy broker iChoosr, the City of Farmers Branch offered the opportunity for residents to benefit from volume buying of power in order to lower individual monthly bills with the Texas Power Switch/Farmers Branch Power Switch. The initial Farmers Branch Power Switch had over 300 households switch electricity providers with an average annual savings of almost $500!
There is no cost and no obligation associated with the program. It provides a mechanism to help residents better understand the confusing, deregulated energy market and potentially provide a pathway to saving money on electric bills. The more people that register for the program, the better the opportunity for the broker to make a low-cost deal.
A number of other Texas cities, including Lake Dallas and Richland Hills, are participating in the program.
The power switch period moves through four phases:
- Sign Up: Anyone can register for Farmers Branch Power Switch (Nov 26 - Feb 12).
- Rate Announcement: iChoosr will announce the winning rate from the reverse energy auction by January 15. The provider who offers the cheapest rates gets to offer you a new electricity contract.
- Personal Offer: After the auction, residents will receive a personal offer which will outline potential savings.
- Accept/Decline: After residents receive their personal offer, they will have the option to accept or decline it. If choosing to accept, iChoosr will take care of the switching process.
The timeline for Texas Power Switch:
- Pre-registration: OPEN
- Registration: November 26 thru February 12, 2019
- Rate Announced: January 15
- Celebrate the Rate: January 24, 6 to 8 p.m., at City Hall
- Decision period: January 22 thru February 5, 2019
- Offer Letters Sent: Late January
- Switch Window: January 22 thru April 30, 2019
The “Celebrate the Rate” event is an opportunity for residents to come by City Hall to meet with iChoosr representatives who can help calculate potential savings. For more information on this program, please contact Ben Williamson, Assistant to the City Manager, at 972.919.2505 or by email, or view the helpful video below.